Salary is one big factor which is considered very important by every candidate and professionals as well. It may be any field, legal, engineering, medical etc. A high range of lawyer salary is one of the most important factors that has attracted many youths towards this profession. The initial salary for lawyer is about $57,000 per annum and the average salary is about $94,000. We all are familiar with the nature of a lawyer’s work. A lawyer is a legal advisor to common people who has in depth study of our legal system. There are some factors which affects the average salary of a lawyer. These factors mainly enlist experience, educational qualification, your expertise regarding a particular field, size and location of your work. There are different lawyers who get different ranges of salaries:
- Assault lawyer: The average mean salary for an assault lawyer is about $49,000 but still like other sectors, this salary is also decided on many factors like location, educational qualification etc.
- Divorce lawyer: A divorce lawyer mostly deals with issues related to property division, separation, and alimony, and child custody in case of divorce. The salary range for such a lawyer is around $48,000 rising up to $80,000. If we consider the average, the salary scale will go around $96,000 per annum.
- Nursing home lawyer: The mean salary of such a lawyer is around $97,000 per annum.
- Insurance lawyer: The average salary of an insurance lawyer ranges around $65,000 per year.
- Criminal lawyer: This kind of lawyer has to deal with lots of life threatening situations as they deal with all levels of criminals. Therefore the salary of a criminal lawyer depends on factors like location, work experience, how big is the law firm, and which section of law you expertise in. The average salary scale of a criminal lawyer is around $78,593, which if the lawyer practices individually, it is around $95,195 per annum.
- Employment lawyers: $60,000 is the average salary range for an employment lawyer.
- Corporate lawyers: As the designation suggests, these lawyers mainly look after business problems and industrial legal matters. The salary for corporate lawyer is around $65,872 to $122,121.
- Intellectual property lawyers: Those having strong command over intellectual property laws can become a very good lawyer in this field. The mean salary range for this lawyer is around $89,000.