Resume for any job should present the expected information quickly and clearly. The information presented should make an impact on the potential employer. The main purpose behind writing a resume is to get you a job interview. With a perfectly written resume, you can easily achieve this purpose. Objective is an important part of any resume. Employers generally view this section for short listing the candidates. Hence, it is you prime duty to write this section according to the expectations of the employer. When applying for the mortgage broker position in any finance related organization, you need a resume that depicts your corresponding skills, experiences and accomplishments. Here we will provide you some tips for creating a mortgage resume objective and provide some examples for people with varied experience levels.
Job Description for a Mortgage Broker/ Adviser:
There are different jobs in this field like mortgage bankers, mortgage underwriters and mortgage brokers. The duties of all these positions differ depending on their respective work environments. Mortgage brokers may help clients in getting the ownership of a house. They act as the link between bank and the client. Mortgage underwriters have to review and study different loan policies and determine whether the customer should be provided with the loan amount or not.
The major job duties that a person working in any mortgage position has to perform are:
- Determining the financial status of the client and generating the reports and presenting it to the banks
- Interacting with the clients to collect the information to help in loan procedure
- Identify the financial needs of the clients and provide them appropriate options
- Provide complete information of the mortgage product to the customers
- Assist the clients in making the loan application and explain the complete procedure to them
- Plan innovative mortgage packages to attract more clients
What are the important skills required in mortgage resumes?
- Impressive oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle angry clients and resolve their queries
- Logical thinking
- Management talent
- Ability to interpret information
- Decision making ability
- Profound knowledge of banking procedure and finance field
Examples of Mortgage Resume Objectives
Objective for Experienced Candidate
As I have spent around 4 years in the mortgage and finance industry, I have complete idea of how to convince the clients and clarify their doubts. With my excellent decision making abilities and communication skills, I can impress my clients and convince them to buy the product, thus, benefiting the organization
Objective Statement for Fresher Candidate
As a beginner in the mortgage and finance industry, working in the mortgage broker position, I would like to learn and understand all the concepts related to the mortgage and loan procedure. My quick learning ability and convincing skills, in combination, can help me a lot in my work.
Objective Statement for Internship Candidate
These sample objective statements will give you clear idea on how to present all your major job relevant details to grab the manager’s attention. Do not copy these statements exactly. Instead draft unique objective statements for your mortgage job and use it to impress the employers.