An assistant coach helps in relieving the head coach of his daily duties in case he is too busy with them. Additionally, he is given some other responsibilities as well which depend on the area in which he is working. An assistant coach can be of many types depending on the type of sport he specializes in. He can be a basketball coach, gymnastics coach, swimming coach and so on. Each of these types requires some specific skills depending on the role of the coach. Being an assistant coach is sure to pave a way for becoming the head coach.
A resume is one of the key factors in deciding the fate of the application of a candidate. Hence, it is but obvious that it should be effective in terms of the layout of information and also its readability. And this is more important in case of an assistant coach since he has an ambition to become the head coach. The resume should be to the point and the applicant must demonstrate his abilities without much ado.
We are providing a sample resume of an assistant coach just as an example:
382, Mason’s Avenue,
Miami, FL, 32788
Contact Number: (382) 378- 8291
Email Id: email@example.com
To become an assistant coach with the national Table Tennis team and serve my country by helping the team win several tournaments. Also refer another figure skating coach resume for more.
Adlabs Sports Club
Assistant table tennis coach (2009-present)
- Responsible for coaching the team, which went on to win a National Level tournament
- Taught players right from the age of 7 years to 70 years
- Scheduled the timetable for different batches in the club
- Assisted the coach for training the champion players
Assistant coach (2007-2008)
- Assisted the head coach in chalking out the program for the entire sports season
- Guided the sportsmen regarding warm-up exercises, hydration, nutrition, etc.
- Replied to the emails on account of the head coach
- Assorted the players into various groups according to their age group and skills
Florida State University
Bachelor of Science in Sports Management (2003-2006)
- Won the National Level Table Tennis in 2005 in the Single’s Event
- Won a gold medal in the Mixed Double’s event in 2005 in the National Level Table Tennis tournament
Date of Birth: 12/12/1984
Marital Status: Single
Would be furnished upon request